Friday, January 27, 2012

Leopard Furr-ever!


One thing I have always loved is leopard print. To prove it, here I am...I may have outgrown The Lone Ranger, but I'll never outgrow my love of leopard :-)
I know some people think animal prints are too loud, but I think a realistic-looking animal print is really a neutral, because the colors are neutral and the print is designed to camouflage the animal into it's background!
I thought I'd share a few pieces from my personal collection:





This early 60's faux-leopard coat is my current favorite.It's lightweight enough that I can wear it here in L.A. where it's usually pretty warm. The big portrait collar is so flattering!


Do you know what the difference is between leopard print and jaguar print? With leopard, the little dark spots form a rosette pattern. On a jaguar's fur, the little rosettes of dark spots surround a dark spot in the middle.Leopards are from Africa, and jaguars are from South and Central America, mostly.






This one mainly hangs in my closet and looks cute! It's so thick & warm that I never get a chance to wear it.
I'll have to go on a trip somewhere cold so I can enjoy it! Or maybe I'll just put it on and stand in front of my freezer with the door open :-)


Here's a fabulous leopard-print bag that I really should use more often...it's nice and big, and I like how the style of the handle makes it look a little more modern.


My newest!! I scored this tiger-print coat on Ebay a few months ago and I was so ecstatic, I did a happy dance :-)
I got it for a steal! I haven't worn this one yet, but I will soon. I think a tiger print is a little bolder look, but maybe it's just that my eyes are so accustomed to leopard. I think I'll wear this coat with jeans and a plain black turtleneck to tone it down a bit.

I always have at least a few amazing leopard or animal print items in my Etsy store...
Click here to SHOP:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/momodeluxevintage?show_panel=true



4 comments:

  1. Hahaha that photo of you is EPIC! Thanks for your lovely comment on my nails by the way. I tried to paint them white first and then red, but I failed (hate waiting for it to dry..) so went on and did the "naked moon". I'm glad you like my blog, and thanks for subscribing! :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any chance you would be interested in selling that beautiful leopard print bag? I love it and am quite serious about purchasing it when you are ready to sell....takoster@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! Sorry, but I'm not planning on selling it right now...if I ever do want to sell it, I'll let you know!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete